Hi, I'm Jabriel! I'm an audio editor, creative strategist and musician on a journey to better myself, and the people around me through creativity and constant learning.
Keep reading to find out about my professional experience, education and more.
My Background & Expertise
SIBLING CREATIVE WORKS
Co-Founder, Creative Director, Head of Audio
May 2023 - Currently
SIBLING CREATIVE WORKS is a collective of creatives working on everything audio. At SIBLING, we take pride in creating exceptional audio content. From captivating podcasts and immersive audiobooks to events and streaming, we specialize in delivering high-quality productions to our clients.
- Management of all Audio Productions including Podcasts, Audiobooks, VOs, Live Streaming, Events and Music.
- Production and Editing of audio: Podcasts, Audiobooks, VO
- Acted as the head event coordinator for all remote and in-person events.
- Designed and created all content and assets including social media posts, website graphics and show artwork.
- Generating and maintaining leads through social media, email and calls.
The Movie Newbie
Podcast Host, Producer, Podcast Editor
March 2020 - Currently
An original podcast co-hosted and co-produced by Oliver Mangham, Raphael Lecat and myself. The Movie Newbie is a film podcast where two aficionados discuss film, old and new, with an utter newbie (me) who, most of the time, has no idea what he's talking about. Every episode, the experts give the newbie a movie to watch, then they talk about it.
- The production and direction of The Movie Newbie including episode structure, release strategies, overall podcast branding
- Recording, editing, mixing and mastering of raw podcast audio
- Management of distribution to podcast platforms
- Creation and management of social media content (Instagram & Facebook) including tile posts, carousels, reels, stories and going live
- Website management
Digital Creative - Graphics
Jan 2023 - Currently
- Design of show artwork and daily schedule graphics for Instagram, using Photoshop
- Management and delivery of artwork assets through Google Drive
- Collaborating with DJs, shows and Threads Radio producers, to create final graphics
Radio Producer - Repeats
Oct 2022 - Jan 2023
- Programming of the "repeats" schedule using Airtime
- Management mix archive through Anydesk and Google Drive
- Editing older mixes to be used in repeat schedule with Logic Pro
- Occasionally supporting the social media team with Instagram management
Breaks, Boogies and Friends - Vandelay Radio
DJ and Producer
Jan 2023 - Currently
- Monthly radio show on Vandelay radio
- Curation of music and guests for each show
- Design of show artwork
- Management of social media on Instagram
Founders for Good with Craig Turner
Podcast Producer, Editor & Consultant
Apr 2022 - Aug 2023
- Helped launch Founders for Good
- Overseeing weekly recording & production of episodes
- Editing, mixing and mastering podcast audio
- Distribution to podcast platforms and management of audio and visual assets
- Creation of short clips for social media channels; LinkedIn & Twitter, and creation of full-length podcast video for YouTube
- Podcast transcription and subtitling
Curious Humans with Jonny Miller
May 2019 - Aug 2023
- Aided in the launch of Curious Humans, surpassing 60,000 downloads since its inception
- Oversee the recording & production of podcast episodes
- Editing of raw podcast audio
- Mixing and mastering podcast audio
- Distribution through Transistor.fm
Wild on Purpose with Kelly Wilde-Miller
Podcast Producer, Editor & Consultant
Oct 2022 - Apr 2023
- Aided in the launch and conceptualisation of Wild on Purpose
- Editing, mixing and mastering podcast audio
- Creation of intro and outro segments
- Periodically supporting recording, podcast structure and file management
Enough by Vix Anderton
Dec 2022 - Jan 2023
- Edited raw audio by removing unnatural pauses, splitting chapters and correcting mistakes
- Mixing and mastering audio according to ACX guidelines
- Maintaining and delivering of audio files through Dropbox
Video Editor & Social Media
Nov 18, 2022
- Edited video session recordings of Sam Eagle and RUTI for BBC social channels
- Repurposed videos into 1:1 and 9:16 using Final Cut and delivered using Dropbox
- Aided in developing the social media strategy for "For the Love of Hip Hop" and other Folded Wing productions.
Event Coordinator, Promoter & Curator
Nov 2021 - Currently
- Took the lead in orchestrating Temperatures Rising x Threads Radio takeover in support of Red Nose Day
- Contributed to the curation and programming of events.
- Managing communications and the promotion of events.
- Design and creation of social media content.
- Driving ticket sales and customer retention through online promotion.
- Aided in onsight event logistics, customer relations and queries.
- Temps Rising x Threads Radio (25th February, 2023)
- Temps Rising @ Mascara Bar in Support of Cancer Research UK
(2nd of December, 2022)
- Temps Rising @ Dalston Servant Jazz Quarters in support of UNICEF Ukraine Humanitarian Relief Fund (22nd of April, 2022)
- Temps Rising @ Finch Cafe in support of Great Ormond Street Hospital (27th of November, 2021)
Crag Apparel Co.
August 2020 - August 2021
One thing I've always tried to do is to try and combine my passions into some sort of project. I wanted to combine my passion for climbing for this project, my love of simple, clean aesthetics, and athleisure fashion. However, what this project allows me to do is to learn how to run an online business first-hand.
Although this was mainly a side hustle for me, it allowed me to learn online marketing, social media, website management, customer service and more.
- Designing all graphics (Clothing, website, social media, etc.) - Procreate, Photoshop, Canva
- Website and Social Media management - Shopify, Hootsuite, Canva, Notion
- Accounting & Finances - Xero
- Customer Service - Utilising Facebook Messenger for customer relations
Hempel Middle East
July 2016 - August 2016
- Designed promotional items (Raffle Tickets, Brochures, etc) to increase customer engagement
- Daily communication with external ad agency
- Collaborating with team members on daily operational tasks such as creating ad plans and proposals
Counsellor, Waterfront Instructor, Lifeguard
Jun 2015 - July 2015
- Instructed children on the fundamentals of Wakeboarding, Waterskiing and Kneeboarding
- Ensured the safety of the waterfront area through lifeguarding that required advanced First Aid knowledge in preparation for potential accidents
- Acted as a mentor and supervisor for 14-year-old campers to ensure their mental and physical well-being
Triple Edged Project
January 2015 - February 2015
- Orchestrated and managed event music & lighting
- Created and managed promotion channels including the design of event media, arranging table bookings and maintaining guest relations & communication
Singapore Police Force, TRANSCOM
Patrol Officer, Operations
December 2011 - December 2013
- Trained in the rapid deployment of my team to react towards high-danger situations such as gang violence, public nuisances and possible terrorist threats
- Patrolled the Singapore transport system to identify potential hazards and threats
- Voted as Team Alpha Candidate to represent team members on the Transcom Social Welfare Council (2012)
My Academic Journey
MA Creative & Cultural Entrepreneurship
Goldsmiths, University of London, Institute of Creative & Cultural Entrepreneurship
September 2020 - September 2021
- Theory of Capital
- The Business of Creative Industries
- Music Management
- Entrepreneurial Modelling
For my final project, I built a No-Code professional social network MVP for creatives in the Arabian Gulf. I used Bubble.io, and frameworks developed by Eric Ries (The Lean Startup) and Lucy Kimbell and Joe Jullier to create the basis of my idea.
BA International Business with Spanish
Regents University London, European Business School
September 2014 - January 2019
- President & Founder of the Regents Climbing Club (2018)
- President of the Regents Music Society (2018)
- Member of the Student Union Social Events Team (2014-2015)
- Dean's List (2015)
- MVP at Bramley Lakes Team Building (2015)
- Business Strategy: Managing and Thinking Strategically in a Rapidly Changing International Environment
- International Business
- Planning a New Venture
- The Business and Management of Small and Medium Enterprises
- Media Technology for Business
- Public Relations
- Communication Across Cultures
- Universidad del CEMA - Buenos Aires, Argentina (March - July 2017)
- Universidad Antonio de Nebrija - Madrid, Spain (September - December 2017)
Electronic Music Production Specialisation
Berklee College of Music
April 2022 - Currently
In the Electronic Music Production specialization, students will learn the tricks of the trade to create high-quality, professional-sounding music. Students begin by learning about the nature of sound and how a signal flows through a home studio setup. Additionally, students learn how to create their own custom musical sounds through music synthesis. Students explore how to record MIDI and real instruments into the flexible and agile Digital Audio Workstation, Ableton Live.
1. The Technology of Music Production
2. Introduction to Ableton Live
3. Creating Sounds for Electronic Music
4. Electronic Music Performance Techniques
Part-Time YouTube Academy by Ali Abdaal
Part-Time YouTube Academy
November 2021 - December 2021
The Part-Time YouTuber Academy is a 6-week live online course where Ali Abdaal teaches and helps you implement everything he knows about growing a YouTube channel into a sustainable machine that churns out valuable content and generates healthy passive income.
- YouTube Foundations
- Content Creation
- The YouTube Algorithm
- Audience Retention
- Build An Audience
Blue Dragon Foundation
Visited Hanoi, Vietnam to help the children and young adults of the Blue Dragon Children's Foundation. My school, Chatsworth International School Singapore, was a major fundraiser for the foundation sponsoring many students to live and study in Singapore. Until 2010, year 12 students would annually visit Blue Dragon to play and interact with the kids.
Licenses and Certifications
Constant Learning and Improvement
The Online Marketing Fundamentals Qualification by Google DigitalGarage & IAB Europe - Google
Issued May 2018 - No expiration
Certified Personal Trainer - International Sports Sciences Association
Issued Aug 2021 - Expires Aug 2023